Crime has experienced a rebound in the Community of Madrid in 2016. Criminal activities have increased 2.5% last year in the region, with the localities of Madrid, Majadahonda and Rivas increasing the most. This is reflected in the latest crime balance published by the Ministry of the Interior, which provides data to localities with more than 50,000 inhabitants.
The data indicate that in the region there have been 374,184 crimes and offenses in 2016 compared to 365,006 in 2015. The increase is attributable to the growth experienced by vehicle theft (from 10,113 to 10,559, + 4.4%) , over all cars, and theft (from 144,569 to 150,543, + 4.1%). Homicides have also increased (from 30 to 33, + 10%), drug trafficking (from 1,441 to 1,463, + 1.5%) and crime from damage (from 43,823 to 44,027, + 0.5%). On the other hand, robberies have declined with violence (from 17,454 to 17,223, -1.3%) and theft with force in homes (from 15,915 to 15,675, -1.5% ).
The delegate of the Government, Concepción Dancausa, has not considered this increase worrisome. “Taking into account that we have been lowering the crime rate for four years and that we are the safest in Europe after Vienna, it is a good thing,” said Dancausa, onda Madrid, who highlighted the decline in robberies with force in the addresses. “At the beginning of the year they went up a lot, which is why the ‘Domus Plan’ was launched, with which two very important criminals have been arrested, each responsible for more than 100 crimes.” On the increase in homicides, the delegate stressed that “we must take into account that only thirty people died in 2015, and in 2016 there was a triple homicide, which is usually around forty or fifty “.
Collado Villalba, where crimes go down
- Madrid (+ 5.3%). The capital has gone from 218,394 crimes in 2015 to 229,909 in 2016. Up all criminal categories: homicides (from 14 to 19, + 35.7%) , thefts, (from 97,955 to 106,153, + 8.7%), subtraction of vehicles (from 5,313 to 5,700, + 7,3) strong robbery in homes (from 7,600 to 7,980, + 5%), damage (from 21,901 to 22,158, +1.2), robbery with violence (from 11,856 to 11,968, + 0.9%) and drug trafficking (from 1,056 to 1,059, + 0.3%).
- Alcalá de Henares (-3.6%). The decline that has occurred in robberies with violence (-10.3%) and thefts (-6%) stands out. Crime rises (+ 11.2%) from 1,408 to 1,566.
- Alcobendas (-8.6%). No homocide was registered against the two of 2015. Significant increase in vehicle theft (+ 37.9%) and damage (+ 17.3%). Thefts dropped (-11.8%): from 1,842 to 1,625.
- Alcorcón (-2.9%). The increase in robberies with strength in homes is striking (+ 29.5%). Theft (-7.6%) and damage (-6.2%) decreased.
- Aranjuez (+ 0.8%). The increase in robberies with violence (+ 28.6%) and car theft (+ 72.7%) stands out
- Arganda del Rey (-6%). The drop in vehicle theft stands out (-21.9%).
- Collado Villalba (-12.1%). It is the Madrid municipality where crime falls the most. Thefts with force in homes (-26.3%), damages (-21.1%) and thefts (-17.8%) fall strikingly.
- Coslada (+1.5). Crime rises due to the increase in burglaries at home (+ 18.8%) and damages (+ 11.3%).
- Fuenlabrada (-0.7%). Decrease of robberies with violence (-9%), subtraction of vehicles (-8.3%) and thefts (-8.9%). Thefts in homes increase (+ 6.1%) and damages (+ 8.8%).
- Getafe (-0.9%). Lower theft (-6.5%) and car theft (-7%).
- Leganés (-0.5%). Despite the decrease in crime (from 9,407 to 9,361) , strong house burglaries are growing (+ 19.5%).
- Majadahonda (+4.6). Crime increased in the majariega locality from 3,670 crimes to 3,837. The increase is influenced by the growth (+ 6.8%) of robberies: from 1,608 to 1,717 .
- Móstoles (-2.9%). All crimes are reduced, with the exception of homicides: three were registered last year compared to one in 2015. The drop in robberies with violence (-12.8%), home theft (-7%) and theft of vehicles (-15.5%).
- Parla (-4.53). The most significant decreases correspond to robberies with violence (-13.4%) and vehicle theft (-21.7%).
- Pozuelo de Alarcón (-3%). Significant increase in robbery with violence (+ 19.4%) and home theft (+ 24.7%). Thefts decreased (-8.5%).
- Rivas (+ 4.2%). Subtraction of vehicles (+ 18.5%) and drug trafficking (+ 500%) , since of 3 offenses goes to 18. Significant decrease in home theft (-48.1%).
- Las Rozas (+ 2.2%). Outstanding rises in robbery with violence (+ 19.2%) and home theft (+ 24.7%).
- San Sebastián de los Reyes (-4.9%). There were fewer thefts (-2.9%) and more cars were stolen (+ 11%).
- Torrejón de Ardoz (-1.8%). Thefts in homes (-20%), robberies with violence (-7.5%) and thefts (-8.9%) decrease. Upload the vehicle subtraction (+ 28.3%).
- Valdemoro (+ 2.2%). Highlights the increase in vehicle theft (+ 27%).